Monday, October 27, 2008

Negative

I am really not shocked. I have known deep down for about 10 days that this didn't work. I know my body and I could tell a week ago Friday that it was going into AF mode.

S is shocked. He thought for sure this would work because everything was perfect. 4 perfect embryos - how could it not work. I tried to warn him but he just really believed it would be positive.

Now I head to San Antonio for work for a few days, which will be a great distraction. Hopefully when I return we will have our new health care benefits information and we will see if there is IVF coverage. We will also have our WTF appt with the RE to talk about what could have gone wrong.

I feel just about done. I can't see how another cycle will make a difference. We obviously have quality issues and I am not sure if there is anyway around it. S doesn't feel that way at all.
He made a good and appropriate statement - how can everything else in our lives be so great and part just completely sucks.

3 comments:

Leanie said...

oh, I am so sorry. Of course take care of yourself and I hope you are able to distract yourself for a while in San Antonio. Know that I am sending hugs your way!

Lisa said...

Oh, Kate, I'm so sorry. I've reached a point where "it sucks" and "it's not fair" aren't strong enough statements for what we're going through....hugs to you...

Andrea said...

I'm so sorry:( San Antonio is quite nice though, good shopping and food on the river walk to distract you:)