Thursday, October 23, 2008

11dp3dt or 14dpo - scolding by RE

I was feeling very negative about my IVF chances so I called my RE to ask about our embryo quality because we didn't here much about it on the day of transfer. She called me back and I told her I didnt think it worked and I wanted to know more about the quality. She said that quality was all grade 1 (the best) for all 4 of our embryos. She also said that there was little or no fragmentation, which is great. Then she asked me why I thought it didn't work. I told her I poas last night and the day before and it was negative. She then scolded me for poas so early. She said it was too early to expect to see a positive HPT and I may not even see it on Monday morning (18dpo) before my beta. I can't promise I won't do it again, but it at least it makes me feel better that all 4 embryos were perfect and that it still is early for a positive HPT - even though I know plenty of people who have gotten their bfp this early.

The only troubling part then if I get a BFN will be that if they are so perfect, why didn't it work.

But, for the next 4 days I will try to stay positive.

2 comments:

RobynK said...

I'm so glad you called and got some reassurance from your RE (even if it meant some scolding as well). Sounds very promising!

Christi said...

dropping by to say I'm thinking of you...