We transferred 4 embryos today: 1 8-cell, 1 7-cell and 2-6 cells. They didn't give us any grading. We based our decision to transfer 4 on my age, ivf history and the embryologist report. I am a little nervous about it, but our RE gave us plenty reason to believe that the chances of 1 in 4 sticking is only 35% and the chances of others sticking is significantly less (3-5%)
We have 3 embryos left and they will wait to see if any make it to freeze. We should know by the end of the week, but based on everything we know, it is highly unlikely they will make it. My blood test is the end of the month. I plan to spend the rest of the day on the sofa catching up on movies.
So for the next few weeks, you will have to get your real-life drama on tv since I won't have much to report. Thanks for hanging in there with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's great, Kate!! Try not to be worried about it. I've transferred 4, and, 2 RE's have said that if I had 5 or 6 they would even transfer that many due to my age and past history. Your chances with 4 are so much better than with 2 or 3. I think you're in a great place right now!!
I'm gald you're back from the transfer. Hang in there. I'll keep you in my thoughts!!!
Post a Comment