So after days of sadness, anger and confusion, I am dusting myself off and trying to figure out what to do next. We had our failed IVF consult with the dr on Monday. She said there was nothing that she could point to that could have caused it not to work. We had a decent cycle that produced a grade 1 embryo (the best) and everything else looked great. We were on the bad side of the statistic. She said it is up to us if we wanted to start right away or take a month or two off.
I looked into clinical trials in our area and there was one that we looked to be qualified, but I just found out that it is already filled with people over 35 so I guess that isn't an option.
My next thought is that since we are going to have to pay completely out of pocket for this next round, we should go to a clinic that has better statistics. Ours is one of the top 10 in the country, but I want number 1. I found it. It is the Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM). I can hear what you are thinking, isn't that in Colorado - and you would be right. But, if I had cancer or any other disease I would travel to get the best treatment so why wouldn't I do it for the disease of infertility.
They actually have a whole section on their website for out of state and foreign patients because people come from around the world to them because their statistics are just so unbelievable. There success rate for my age group is 20% higher than our current clinic. Now, I just have to get Sean on board. I am setting up a phone consultation so that might give us the answers we need to go forward.
Lastly, stress!! The insurance company has denied our claim for our first IVF. Not sure of the reason why yet. Shady Grove has appealed it and they were pulling a copy of the initial denial so they can tell us why. I am so worried we won't have coverage because of some weird thing and we will have to pay for this one we just had, which would definitely preclude us from having another.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment