Thursday, April 3, 2008

Recap of yesterday

I thought while I waited anxiously for the call about our little embies, I would recap our day yesterday.

We were scheduled to be there at 9:30 so we were out of the house by 8:00. I figured it would take us at least an hour with morning traffic. Well we were there by 8:30 and I was in a bed and strapped to an IV by 9:15. Unfortunately we couldn't do the retrieval until 11:00. It has to be 36 hours after the trigger shot, so we had a bit of a wait. It went relatively quickly and we both brought magazines so that helped pass the time.

At 10:50 I did my final bathroom stop and 11:01 Steve, the anesthesiologist, came to take me to the ER. It was freezing!! I was shivering so much I could hardly sit still. The embryologist came in and verified my identity and then the nurse help get me strapped down to the table. The last thing I remember is Steve putting on the straps on my arms and I was out cold.

The next thing I remember is waking up in my room and hyperventilating. I don't know why that happens when I come out of it but it always does. So after a minute of catching my breath, our head nurse came in to tell me that they got 8 eggs. I immediately started to cry. Shortly after they let Sean come back. We stayed in recovery for about 30 minutes and then he helped me get dressed and we were on our way home. Both of us took a big, fat, well-deserved nap in the afternoon.

No comments: