Here is the picture of our little ones. I told Sean his was the one on the right because it was messy:)We arrived at the clinic on time and had about a 30 minute wait until the procedure. I carefully paced my water in take until that time but by 8:50 I really had to go.
At 8:55 the Dr came in to discuss our embryos. It seemed a little rushed but it wasn't our regular Dr so she was just going by her notes from her. Originally we were going with 2 celled embryos because they were good quality. We told her that this may be our only IVF cycle so if there was a better chance to get one baby by putting back 3, we were in favor of that. The Dr. spoke with the embryologist and based on my age and the fact that one of the 6 celled embryos had decreased quality, he thought it would be best to put back 3. We talked about all the risks and decided to go with three.
Once that was decided they put me into the position I have become accustomed to now and they got to work. They placed the catheter inside the uterus and we could see the imagine on the monitor. They had to press down on my bladder to get a clear view so it was very uncomfortable. Sean giggled a little because he thought I might pee on the dr. The embryologist brought in our little ones and we could see them go through the catheter and rest in my uterus. It was incredible. After 5 minutes of resting we got our discharge instructions and I spent the rest of the day on the sofa. Our 4th embryo, a 4 cell, is trying to make it to freeze but it probably will not because it isn't dividing rapidly. We will know for sure next Thursday.
Sean was a great slave all day and made sure I had everything I needed. Babs came down that night and made an awesome dinner.

No comments:
Post a Comment