Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Insurance merry-go-round

So here is where it stands. I called Horizon BC/BS yesterday and they said they never received a single claim from Shady Grove. Interesting since Shady Grove has told me that they submitted everything up through our beta test on 4/21. I can see where they might not have gotten to our IVF claim from the beginning of April, but they don't even have our IUI stuff from February.

I called Delores back (my new bff at shady grove) and she said she would resubmit all of the claims today. So it looks like the hold up is somewhere at Carefirst BCBS because everything has to go to the local BCBS provider before going to Horizon. They are only suppose to be a pass through so who knows what happened.

I am going to check with Horizon next week to see if they have any claims yet.

On the issue of the denial, it looks like it was for u/s and b/w on January 10 that was submitted to the wrong insurance (last year's policy).

No comments: