Thursday, September 11, 2008

Strange

I was having an email conversation with a fellow IFer yesterday about the Estrogen Priming Protocol. I told her I started using my OPK's to catch the surge so we would know when to start estrogen patches.

The strange part is, after we catch the surge (ovulation), we don't do anything about it. In the good ole days, prior to when we started fertility treatments, we used OPKs to know when I was ovulating to rush home and spend 48 hours TTC. A little Marvin Gaye, a little wine, and little oysters -- well you know what I mean (all which is a joke because TTC is anything but romantic at that point).

In any event, now we do nothing. I get that big, smiley face that tells me that it is time, and we just go on about things as business as usual and definitely no TTC because of the meds I take at the end of the cycle.

2 comments:

Christi said...

that is strange! but, really, is anything about this not??? :)

Lisa said...

It is is a strange world we IFers live in, isn't it?!