Tuesday, September 2, 2008

*%@^% *&^* (*&& !!!

As you can guess by the title, we got bad new today at my check. There was a piece of good news too, but minor in comparison to the bad news. We are postponed. They found a enormous, hemorrhagic cyst on my right ovary. It is 69mm (almost double the size of a mature follicle at ovulation). They are very concerned. I go back in 2ww for another u/s. If it is resolved or shrinking we can do IVF next cycle. If it is the same size or larger, I will have to have surgery. I have had some pinching on my right side, but I figured it was a small cyst. I have a permanent cyst on my left ovary and it felt similar. If I have alot pain or get sick, I should call the doctor right away.

The good news was that I had 10 resting follicles - 10!! The most I have ever had since seeing the RE was 8 and lately it has been 6-7. I can't believe it. We could have possibly had 10 eggs this cycles and now we can't go forward. I am hoping the increase is the result of the DHEA, Wheatgrass and increased protein diet so it is repeatable next round.

So that is that. A waste of $300 in meds. I do get to have a beer with my hotdog at the Yankess game now:)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hey Kate - Erin from the nest here. I am so sorry to hear that you're postponed. This just sucks!! What the hell - why can't either one of us catch a break. I was really so excited for you on this new protocol and had tons of hope that this was going to be it for you. I'm really sorry. Hang in there. I'll be thinking about you.
Erin