Today marks 6 weeks of pregnancy. Here are some updates:
My regular Dr. called to tell me my thyroid test is normal so I would stay on the same meds and test again in June. He did say that my iron was low so I started trying to have red meat once a day and added iron supplements.
Dr G. called to see how everything was going since my appt on Sunday. I told her that the pain has gone away now but that I was starting to get a little nauseous - which is of course a good sign. She also told me she was completely shocked when she got the news about our 3 sacs. She again told me that the chances of all 3 sticking are very, very low so not to panic. I told her we are taking it one day at a time and we will see what Monday's u/s has to show.
This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears are beginning to take shape. If you could inside, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, your baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil bean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love reading your updates...so happy.
I'm glad your thyroid test came back normal! And I'm glad you're nauseous, as weird as that sounds!
Post a Comment