Monday, March 30, 2009

A little scare and some OMG information

I started having stabbing pain in my back on Saturday night that went into Sunday morning. I called the RE and they told me to come in right away. I thought it could be a kidney stone but my biggest fear was an ectopic pregnancy. It turns out that it is my left ovary that is enlarged and has a large cyst on it that is flaring up. They told me to take tylenol and take it easy and to call if the pain gets alot worse. So definitely good news on that.

They then moved to my uterus where they found 3 sacs. Yes, 3!! They are lableled A, B, and C on our picture. The RE felt that based on my age, she didn't think all 3 would make it, but for now it is looking like triplets. We will get a better idea at the u/s next week. All the viable sacs should have a heartbeat by then. If all 3 make it to 8 week then there is a good chance we will have 3.

We are not freaking out yet, but just taking it day by day.

7 comments:

RobynK said...

Oh wow -- wow, wow, wow!!! EEK! I am so excited you saw the sacs -- and 3 of them? YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!

juliane2004 said...

WOW! Congrats on the possibility of three! :)

Melissa Griffin said...

KATE - OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Triplets! Congratulations! WOw, were you ready for that? I hope they all make it - keep us posted!!

Gina said...

OMG CONGRATS TIMES THREE!!!!!

Dianne said...

Wow what a nice surprise!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!

Christi said...

WOW! congrats X3!! will you post the pictures?!? :) keeping all 3 in my thoughts.

MJ said...

Holy moly Kate, 3 sacs!! Bet that was a shock! That is so awesome, congrats!!

~Meghan