Now you have to keep a secret.


I AM PREGNANT!! It killed me not to post right away, but S and I decided to hold off until we had the blood work back. We are also keeping it very quiet until we get through some of the ultrasounds in the next couple of weeks. S doesn't want to talk about it at all because he thinks it will jinx us, so for now, I am keeping quiet even though I want to call and tell everyone.
Here's the story. I tested March 15th (come on, you knew I would) and I got a BFN which meant the trigger was out of my system. I had one test left so I decided to test Monday morning and if it was negative, I wasn't going to test again until the weekend. Well I got the faintest line so I decided to hold it most of the day and I poas late in the afternoon and I got a positive. It was still really light, but definitely there. S didn't believe it so I tested again Tuesday morning and it was totally there and definitely darker. I tested later that day with a digital and it came up - 'PREGNANT'. I have been testing with strong positives ever since.
S is still in denial but starting to believe it more and more. He said once the blood work comes back he will really believe it is true. I guess it is different for me because I have had lots of cramping and have been so tired. I nap after work everyday and usually fall asleep on the sofa by 10.
The nurse allowed us to move our blood work up from Tuesday to Monday. They were looking for a number greater than 400. Our number is 913!!! Dr. G called to say that I am 'very pregnant. ' We go blood tests on Wednesday and Friday and then an u/s in about 2 weeks. They are looking for a steady rise so we hope to get around 1800 on Wednesday and 3600 on Friday.
I am scared to death, but so elated that this has worked. Now I just have to get through the first trimester and I hopefully can feel more relaxed. Due date is Thanksgiving.
Here's the story. I tested March 15th (come on, you knew I would) and I got a BFN which meant the trigger was out of my system. I had one test left so I decided to test Monday morning and if it was negative, I wasn't going to test again until the weekend. Well I got the faintest line so I decided to hold it most of the day and I poas late in the afternoon and I got a positive. It was still really light, but definitely there. S didn't believe it so I tested again Tuesday morning and it was totally there and definitely darker. I tested later that day with a digital and it came up - 'PREGNANT'. I have been testing with strong positives ever since.
S is still in denial but starting to believe it more and more. He said once the blood work comes back he will really believe it is true. I guess it is different for me because I have had lots of cramping and have been so tired. I nap after work everyday and usually fall asleep on the sofa by 10.
The nurse allowed us to move our blood work up from Tuesday to Monday. They were looking for a number greater than 400. Our number is 913!!! Dr. G called to say that I am 'very pregnant. ' We go blood tests on Wednesday and Friday and then an u/s in about 2 weeks. They are looking for a steady rise so we hope to get around 1800 on Wednesday and 3600 on Friday.
I am scared to death, but so elated that this has worked. Now I just have to get through the first trimester and I hopefully can feel more relaxed. Due date is Thanksgiving.
So REMEMBER - Keep it quiet. We aren't going to talk about it at all with anyone for a few weeks, but I will keep posting my updates as they come.

9 comments:
Wish I could come over just to give you big hugs
Man you are good at keeping secrets -- I've been checking your blog like a mad woman lately looking for an update!
I am so happy for you and S -- I have chills reading your post. And what a frickin' GREAT beta -- seriously great.
Your RE is right - you are very pregnant!!!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY (Jumping Up and down)
I am SO Happy for you!!!
Congrats :O)
YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
oh wait, I mean yyaayy!!
That is so awesome!!
OOOOMMMMMMMGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is sooo exciting!!! Congratulationns! Im so glad you kept it a secret...and I will too! We look forward to hearing the progress...and you give us all hope :-)
I was waiting for you to post on your blog so I could scream...CONGRATULATION!!
I am so freaking happy for you!!!!
Congrats again Kate-so happy for you!
I am way behind in reading blogs, but, this was a wonderful one to catch up on!! Congratulations!!
Just found your blog and wanted to say CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment