Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Week 26 - Last week in second tri

Well this hasn't been the best week. We started in L&D and ended up with a failed glucose test. Apparently I failed so bad that I don't qualify for the 3 hour test but go straight to monitoring 4 times a day and a diabetic diet. I go back to the OB on Monday for a follow up. Next Thursday we go back to the specialist for a growth scan. We also got our referral for a pediatric urologist so we can schedule that appointment.

I also had a follow up visit with the OB this week and essentially the plan is to make it a minimum of another 8 weeks. I am going to take it easy and track any contractions that I have (which thankfully have been just about none).

We spent our vacation week at home. S worked on the babies room and I tried to get a few things done around the house. S and a good friend built these beautiful built-in shelves that I designed. We passed the insulation inspection so now we can have the contractors come back and put the drywall up and do a coat of primer.


Babies progress:
The network of nerves in your babies' ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. They may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. They are inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of their lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when they are born and takes that first gulp of air. And they are continuing to put on baby fat. They now weigh about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

My Progress
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: