Saturday, August 15, 2009

Trip to Labor & Delivery = Canceled Vacation

Well instead of hitting the road for the beach, we ended up going to L&D instead. I started having contractions around 2:30am and by 6:30 they were coming every 10-15 min and getting stronger with each one. They monitored my contractions for 90 min and did an internal (ouch) to check my cervix. Thankfully it is still long and closed. The OB on duty recommended we stay home just in case an issue comes up. He feels there is no immediate danger and put me on sofa rest until I see my OB later this week. I am down to one contraction an hour now.

I have waited all summer long for this week. I am so bummed. I know - it is all for the best, but right now I just want to sit and sulk.

2 comments:

MJ said...

Oh no, I am so sorry your vacation was canceled but I am so glad the babies are OK. Bed rest sucks I'm sure but it does work.

Hang in there!!

a said...

Oh so sorry about your trip but so glad the babies and you are OK!!! Call if you need anything!