Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's a...............

Boy and a Girl!!!!!! Baby A is the boy and Baby B is the girl (which is what I actually have thought for the past week).

It has been a long, painful week of testing. We received some disturbing news on Monday that there was a possibility that there was a health issue with baby A. We agonized for about 24 hours to do additional testing or not and in the end, we decided to do it. It was incredibly painful and required 48 hours of bed rest after as a precaution against miscarriage. It was really a tough decision to make and I am sure one of many that we will have to make for our children throughout the rest of our lives.

I am happy to say that both babies got a clean bill of health. We are incredibly relieved and so unbelievable grateful that we have 2 healthy babies.

I have to give the biggest thanks to my friends Babs who went with me through the tests and took excellent care of me and the dog during my bed rest time since S had to be away for work. I know it killed him not to be with us through it all, but at least he had the comfort of knowing that we were in great hands!!

As of next Monday (13wks 3days) I will be in my second trimester. It has felt like a long 13 weeks up until this point, but I am happy that everything has gone relatively well.We are now starting to think about the babies' room and all the other changes that we want to make to the house before their arrival. We have a lot to do.

The babies are the size of peaches
By pregnancy week 13 your babies are taking on a whole new shape! You would now recognize your little beans as miniature but fully formed looking babies if you were to peer into your belly with a microscope. Your babies are actually quite large by now, a whopping 3 inches long in some cases and weigh in at roughly .7 ounces.

By 13 weeks pregnant your babies' intestines are working on maturing and your babies' tiny pancreas is working hard to produce insulin. This will help your babies regulate their blood sugar levels in the months and years following delivery. During pregnancy week 13 your babies' eyes also start to move closer to the center of your baby's head.

No comments: