Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Take everything you know....

and throw it all away. We received some pretty disturbing news about our blood work from CCRM and after a long, tear-filled conversation with the doctor, we opted not to go to CCRM for our IVF. Our success rate dropped from 50% to 30% - which is what our rate is here at SG. Essentially, they were able to determine with blood tests what the doctor saw here from the embryology report - we have poor embryos.

So it is just a matter of tries until one takes (hopefully), and if that is the case, we should try where we are going to get the most number for our money since all things are even now.

I spoke with our nurse at SG and they have some openings for this round so the new plan will be:
June 18-July 8 - bcp
July 9 - supression check
July 12 - stims
July 23 ER

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, Kate, I'm sorry. But, at least you know now and can concentrate on just cycling and not having to travel at the same time, right?

Christi said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. Do you mind sharing more about what they found? I'm curious what bloodwork told them of poor embryo quality.