I wanted to give more details how CCRM determines quality. They take the FSH and AMH blood results and the AFC (Antral Follicle Count) and factor them together to make the decision. Normal FSH is under 10 and normal AMH is greater than 1 and normal AFC is greater than 15.
As you age, your FSH goes up and your AMH and AFC goes down - which is what is happening in my case. I am not in the normal range for any of the three. I am not the bottom of the barrel yet but definitely not normal. I am not ready to write down those results yet because it makes me cry every time.
CCRM also uses a different normalization scale for their b/w so even though at lab corp you may fall in the normal range, at CCRM you may not. This is because their pool of people are those being seen for fertility where as a larger lab's pool of people would be all females that use the lab and have the test run. This allows CCRM to get more accurate results and why they insist you have your b/w done there or sent to them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Kate--I again wanted to let you know just how sorry I am that CCRM didn't work out. I really hope that you will have success however as you journey on to another IVF cycle. Fingers, toes, and everything else crossed for you!
Post a Comment