Friday, June 6, 2008

The search for the chicken pox vaccine

The pharmacy has now said that they won't get the vaccine for 8-10 days - which will most likely be too late if we are going to do IVF in July. We are now on the hunt for a doctor's office that has it in stock since mine does not. Nothing is ever easy.

I went for my annual check up yesterday so we just need the results of the pap and that can be checked off the list. I go for my mammogram next week.

We also have done battle with Shady Grove to get our records sent to CCRM. I understand all of the HIPPA regulations, but you think doctor's offices could all get on the same page. How many forms does one person need to fill out to have their records released. Apparently alot.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sounds like you're getting the list of to do's checked off! Good luck in finding someone to administer chicken pox vaccine. If you can't find a doctor's office that has it in stock, maybe try a hospital? They might have it and be able to administer in their hospital outpatient dept. But, it would be less expensive to get it in a doctor's office!

I feel you're pain about all the forms...yuck...