I had an OB appointment yesterday and the doctor said both babies are looking good. She said to start planning in modified bed rest around week 28 (labor day). I can do light activities, but they don't want me to drive to work everyday.
The OB also started the referral paperwork for me to see the MFM (high risk specialist). I will see them in between my regular OB appointments.
I also had a blood test for my Thyroid and it turns out that it is way off. I guess it can't keep up with both babies. Normal is between .5 to 5 and mine is 15. The Dr. increased my dosage and I go back in 4 weeks for another blood test.
About the babies:
Head to rump, your babies are about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and they weigh almost 7 ounces. They are busy flexing their arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. Their blood vessels are visible through their thin skin, and their ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from their head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around their nerves, a process that will continue for a year after they are born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.
About me
The babies are active throughout the day long now. Baby B (our girl) apparently loves music or baseball because she was very active when they played music in between innings at the baseball game the other night.


2 comments:
almost half way there! awesome!!
Awww, cute bump! Keep growing babies!!!
Post a Comment