Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dear ovaries

Please feel free to ovulate at any time now. You are killing me. It is bad enough you decided to behave in such a way that we had to cancel our IVF cycle, but now you feel so large that you might explode at any minute. Everyday I test with OPK to see if the time has come and everyday I am disappointed with a negative result.

Please, please, please spit out that rogue egg and end my agony.

(slightly dramatic, I know, but I am hoping my plea will be answered)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very hilarious.
Hope they listen to you!
Best Wishes!
A

JenM said...

Hilarious! I wrote a very similar Dear AF post in my blog awhile back, and she showed up the next day. Good luck!

Jill said...

Kate--sorry to hear about your canceled cycle. That stinks. I'll say a prayer to your ovaries as well. :-)

I'm sure they aren't behaving because of the horrible things stims do to your cycle. My cycles are always off following stims. I'm sure you will ovulate soon.