Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Week 29 - My shower is this weekend :)

I am really excited. I am sure it will be wonderful. I will post pictures at the end of the weekend.

We have a specialist appointment coming up on Thursday and an OB appointment on Friday so it will be great to see them again and see how big they are getting. We see the pediatric urologist on Sept 24th to discuss Baby A's kidney.

Speaking of baby A, his new trick is hiccups. I usually get up to use the bathroom around 1am and 10 minutes after I lay back down he gets the hiccups for about 5 minutes. Every night they get a little stronger and a little longer. It is just a crazy feeling. Baby B has had them once or twice, but not anything close to her brother.

Labor and Delivery Class
We took a labor and delivery class offered by my insurance on Wednesday night. It was a bad 80's video of 3 different birthing stories. I really could have stayed home and watched it on Discovery. Other than the video, the key message was after 38 weeks, don't go to the hospital until your contractions are 5 minutes apart for one hour. Prior to that it is more than 4 contractions an hour.

Hospital TourBold
We took a tour of labor and delivery at the hospital. It was good to see what the rooms are like and what to expect when we get there. There were a couple of newborns being pushed around while we we were there and we saw one getting her first bath. Unfortunately we didn't get to see the NICU, which is what I had really hoped to see. The hospital is now starting a new class for parents of multiples that will include a NICU tour, but it won't take place until November - which will be too late for us.

Room Progress
Thanks to the help of my wonderful sister, we got most of the stripes on the wall. The rest will have to wait until the new window is installed. This weekend she will finish up painting the trim that S put on and both book shelves.



Babies Progress
Your babies now weigh about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and are a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Their muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and their heads are growing bigger to make room for their developing brains. To meet their increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because their bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

My Progress
I feel done. I know I still have 5-8 weeks to go but I just feel completely exhausted. I can't stand or walk for long periods of time and I really don't get alot of sleep at night. I have braxton hicks off and on and I just feel uncomfortable.

My diet is going so so in keeping up with my GD. I feel like I am too high or too low. My fasting numbers are always excellent so that is one good thing I can say about it all.

My stomach is getting large but thankfully I don't have any stretch marks yet. My belly button is about to become non-existent. It has a blue halo ring around it also. Hopefully it just stays the way it is and doesn't flip to an outtie.

I went to the office 3 days this week and even though they weren't full days, it was just too much. I probably will cut it back to 1 or 2 days next week and the following week. My plan is to work from home for the month of October unless we hear something differently at our appointment next week.

No comments: