Monday, December 1, 2008

Short lived happiness

I got a positive pregnancy test last week. I was so happy, but completely anxious. The next day's test was very faint so I knew it was the beginning of the end. By the third day it was negative - Chemical Pregnancy (c/p). I can't say that I am sad because I never really got use to the idea, unlike the last chemical pregnancy (c/p). I can't say that it makes me hopeful either, also unlike the last c/p. I really believe the reason for it was because I am taking DHEA. So we can definitely get eggs fertilized (like we saw in our last IVF), but does that mean that they are better quality? Maybe it does and it just takes time. I was only on it for 3 weeks before I ovulated and they do recommend 4 months for the true effect.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I am so sorry:( That really sucks.

Jill said...

Kate-I am so sorry. I do hope the DHEA does continue to work magic on your egg quality however and that the next little bean decides to stick around for a long time.